Flexible Delineator Posts
Resistant to repeated impacts
limited 10 years warranty
For just over a quarter of the cyclists who died, the accident occurred in the evening or at night, between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Source : SAAQ Québec
Making high-risk areas safer
Our flexible delineators and beacons are highly visible and accentuate existing signage, delimiting bike lanes or creating security corridors near pedestrian crossings.
Folds easily and straightens immediately to prevent damage to vehicles and potential injuries.
Made with anticorrosion steel capable of resisting more than 1,500 impacts and has a 10-year warranty.
Equipped with non-fading vinyle reflective stripes for visibility at all times.
Emphasis on security: Kalitec meets your needs with delineators
Traffic delineators are high-visibility pieces of equipment used to redirect traffic temporarily. Also known as traffic posts, they help vehicles and pedestrians stay safe. They specifically show which side of the road the hazard is on, so people know where they can pass through.
The usefulness of Reflective Delineators
Reflective delineators control the flow of traffic by pointing motorists to a particular route. Their reflectiveness ensures maximum safety even in low-light conditions. This is because any light that hits them bounces back, allowing people to see them.
Enhance the visibility
Improving visibility on the roads is crucial for everyone’s safety. Our delineators are designed to be visible up to a certain distance to drivers. A delineator is used to indicate hazards or other features on the road that require a person to move aside. One of our other products, mainly focused on pedestrian safety in school zones, is the warning sign for drivers to slow down.
In which conditions are delineators used?
Delineators are mainly used on roads to indicate a danger or a work zone. However, it turns out that these beacons can also be used for other areas. Here are the different places where Kalitec delineators are also present:
- Public and private roads when there are construction projects or accidents
- Airports during busy times
- Locations (like warehouses) that need traffic management
- Parking lots when there are maintenance or repairs
The different types of delineators
There are many types of roadside delineators. But the most common ones are:
- Traffic cones – These are the most familiar delineators. The different colors you see on the roadway can help you identify the kind of situation you might encounter. For instance, orange cones mean possible danger and serious injury. Meanwhile, yellow delineator indicate a reduced chance of injury.
- Vertical panels – These are used in locations where any change in the roads or lanes can create confusion. They can help point drivers in the right direction.
- Bar barriers – Also called “delineators” these are used in potentially dangerous areas — such as construction areas and parking lots.
3 Benefits of Traffic Delineators
While traffic delineators come in different kinds, they all offer the same benefits:
- Easy traffic control – They can easily help people around certain areas, like accident sites. They can guide drivers around curves or reduction transitions too.
- Highly visible – For optimal visibility, a delineator post will usually have colors like red, orange, and yellow to catch your attention quickly. On top of that, they can also have reflective tape or blinking lights.
- Lightweight – This makes them easy to set up and move around. It also ensures a person’s safety if they accidentally hit one. But a traffic post will also be well-anchored so it won’t be blown away by strong winds.