The KalifixTM Breakaway Post System
KalifixTM is a coupling system made to break away in a specific place if a vehicle comes into contact with a roadside post. This is a smart, low-cost and sustainable solution designed specifically to make the road safer for motorists and other users.
- The KalifixTM system comprises three parts:
- A steel anchoring device
- A steel post
- An aluminum breakaway pin connecting the post to the anchoring device.
- The pin is designed to give way in the event a vehicle runs into the post. Upkeep can be done using basic tools, and the structure complies with all road and safety standards.
- The only post of its kind that is manufactured in Canada and to be given an L6X rating by the Quebec transportation ministry, applicable to breakaway posts.
- Maintenance is a breeze, even in the winter season. Can be temporarily straightened until spring, thus avoiding the need for temporary replacement signage.
- 300,000 Kalifix equipped posts (and counting!) currently protecting road users in three different countries.
The Kalitec Difference
Better road safety
The structure is designed to give way safely and protect drivers and other road users better than non-breakaway posts.
Can be put up by one person and mounted in any type of ground.
Post can be fixed in a matter of seconds: simply replace the old breakaway pin with a new one.
25-Year limited warranty
The warranty covers all three elements: post, anchor and pin.
Good for the planet
The post and anchoring device (95% of the assembly) can be reused after a collision, and 100% of the materials are recyclable.